7.06.2009

Turkey not just for Thanksgiving....

From reading everyones blogs I am so happy all my friends had a great 4th of July experience!!
I had to work both days so was able to just sit and relax by the pond in the evening. No festivities here... Kerry is somewhat a couch potato!!! UGH... I love being home, but sometimes I just want to be out and about doing something, anything, anywhere!! I know If I ask him he will take me anywhere (most of the time) but would it hurt to make plans to do something??? lol

So yesterday I was exhausted (feet hurt actually not really exhausted hehehe) when I come home from work he has Turkey and all the fixings ready.. Oh and I was not smart enough to get camera out for photos either.Gotta love this guy, and also has a fantabulous Choc. Cake for desert!! whooo hooo. So says, will you set the table? sure so I pull out two plates etc., and start setting it. I look out front window and see his parents, so I say Oh your parents are here, were they coming for dinner? Yes, lol so you should have told me so I could set plates for them... then he goes oh Mick (his sister) is coming too!! nice one Kerry nice.... I didn't mind it at all but would have liked to gotten all the plates etc. at once kwim????

Since his family doesn't hang out for hours like mine does, they left and I went outside to relax and read my book "Long Lost" by Harlen Coben... and I decided to start the fire pit and make myself "Smores" yummie I had 3 of them and could have kept them coming.... something about roasting marshmallows ( I do not like them burnt... just lightly browned) brings back memories of childhood times and big cookouts with lots of family..

I started working on a 6 x 6 mini type album for mother in law, will have some of her garden spots from this summer, and I think I will also document some of our trip to Vermont next month. Should make a nice Christmas gift (if I hold onto it that long... lol). I'm using a LRS kit with Fancy Pants papers Looking forward to working on this, and it's time for me to start my Christmas crafting items. I try to make a number of things for different people so I like to start early and plug along and get them ready then when December hits all I have to do is wrap them up.. Keep posted over next few months for some sneak peeks. Off to work I go hi ho hi ho....
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Turkey??? Wow!! I am impressed!! I can't wait to see what you make with your LRS kit!!! I left you a surprise on my blog!!!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Turkey.....my favorite...you lucky lady!!!! Love that you had some time to get outside and read!!!!! Congrats on your win!!!!! Thank you for the wonderful comments that you leave me......you a re such an inspiration!!!! Have a wonderful week!!!!

    ReplyDelete