10.22.2009

Warning ~ Photo heavy!!
So yesterday was a "fun mail" day, my friend Jocelyn sent this cute little Halloween Card!! I just love getting fun mail and sending it...Thank you Jocelyn for inspiring me to work on my cards today on my day off! It's raining here again, and I love the fall snuggle weather but I really want to be OUTSIDE in it.. lol
Card from Jocelyn!! Love it and you Girl!

Remember a few posts back I had some sneaks, well I finished up this mini gift album and here are a few pages. I like how it came out.. I used a couple pressed boards I found a Michaels, and painted them terracotta and made them look like a "flower pot". The papers were October Afternoon from a LRS kit. I found the perfect embellishmet for the front from Michaels part of their Recollections Autumn Splendor line.. Love that dragonfly!

This photo says it all!
I love stamping in my books too! I have many stamps that work well for lots of things and love the look it gives them!
The flowers are from Prima.. love Prima flowers almost as much as Real Flowers... lol
So while I was taking a peek at Laura's blog today she had a session on a mini book, and you all know my love of mini's so I figured I would photo some of them! These all sit on a shelf in my craft space to review and enjoy!! Hope you like them, a couple are still being worked on others are completed.

Owl still needs the perfect photos, I think I will use it for my growing collection of things "Owley" lol is that a word??

I love this one with actual photos covering the front!

There is one I did on my Faith... I do have a belief in God and all his glory, but do not attend a church faithfully. This mini was a documentation of growing up Catholic and my foundation of religion as I grew and acceptance of who I am and how God fits into my life. There is alot of journaling on the last couple pages.. This book is actually made of recycled cardboard and inked up around edges and through out.. I used the Basic Grey "Urban Couture" line for this and love how well it worked with those old black/white photos.. Growing up I do not have alot of photos of myself or family, but through my hobby I am making sure my children have them! Sadly I lost touch with the other children in these photos as we moved out of W. Boylston, I remember the name of the Church, but have no clue who the Priest or Nuns were. Nothing was written on back of photos :-(
My Faith ~















Sorry photo turned out blurry when enlarged.. It looks fine irl...

Inside back cover ~ the previous page I left out as it was personal journey through religon for me!

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and since this took so long to post, I'm off to find lunch...lol
Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Love all your minis! Wow, you are a true mini artist! :) Great idea to photograph them...I need to do that too. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! xoxo L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, they give me such instant gratification...lol a few pages and walaaaaah
    DONE!! Working this weekend morning was rainy but turned out to be a beautiful day, I am hoping for more of the same tomorrow. I want to take more photos around town. Otherwise weekend is great.
    Thanks for visiting my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lorry...thanks for posting the card!!! Love you and wanted you to have one!!!! NOW....your creations......FABULOUS!!!! Love the owl and love the minis...I need to do more of these!!!! I had such fun with this posting!!!! I just ADORE YOU!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card!!
    Lorry, you definitely are a mini album artist!! I love them all, and wish I had the time to do more of them myself. Keep up the good work, they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love your minis!!! You totally rock my friend!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete