10.18.2009

Tour de Naperville ~ back home

Home Sweet Home.....

I love the bright colors of the fall, and this little flag greets all who walk up our path.

Remember all my bird stalking (watching) stories.. lol well this Birch tree is where most of it takes place. It sits right out front and I am blessed to have a corner of our living room with two large picture windows to view out of. I just love the contrast of the bright yellow and clear blue sky!

Around back I have this planter with 3 smaller mums still going strong. I love how it perks up our bulkhead. Soon these too will be gone for the season and I will be awaiting the end of winter for spring to fill this up again to bloom.

I have taken alot of photos of birds in this birdbath, it never ceases to amaze me how much they love this one! I do have a couple others in the yard, but they all gather around this one. Today it was over run with Robins.. lol they kept coming and really gettin down... LOL
I love my Sparky, he spends alot of time out of his cage with me and it's fun to watch him looking out at the birds. He is usually pretty good and not startled by much unless it's a Hawk... Yes a Hawk, we live close to the Prairie Forest Reserve and they are always there.. I am ok with them coming to visit as long as they do "take out" not "dine in". Sounds gross I know but it is a natural
fact of nature.
Here is a close up of the Red Tailed Hawk that swooped in.

Last but not least, this makes me Smile every time I sit to eat!! I love Halloween.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what beautiful pics!!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!! Makes me want to come visit right now!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, Lorry, thanks for the comments on my blog! I knew you would love the background! Can't remember where I got it, but the link is on my blog in the upper left corner, if you want to take a look at what they've got.
    Yes, that road trip may just have to be a mini album! I've been to that fort lots of times before, they have a summer and winter rondezvous every year too, with re-enactments and all the people and vendors there dress like they did back in the 1700's. It is so cool, I just love that kind of stuff full of history!!
    I just love all your mini's too!!

    ReplyDelete