10.18.2009

Tour de Naperville

So a friend did something like this on facebook the other day and it was pretty cool. She did a tour of her town and posted some photos. I tried to get more posted here but blogger is acting out and not uploading them so I'll start with these and add when I can.
Downtown Naperville is a fun place to go, lots of small shops, and a great River walk along the Dupage River. This is one of the fountains in front of a covered bridge that crosses the river. There are plenty of places to sit and relax and just enjoy!


Today when I was there I watched a couple who were getting photographed here, fun times! I wondered if they were engagement shots or just fun shots? My guess was engagement they were having so much fun.
Who could resist this fun place? Alot of the side streets downtown are filled with unique shops like this one.. Yummie Cupcakes

This is a newer place and my eye zoomed in on the Pumpkin Yogurt!! I love the fall and all the treats that go along with it. Have to say Pumpkin is my favorite fall treat!!

So moving along on our tour... don't you all just love this place? The distribution center is located here in Naperville and mind you it's HUGE..... lol I pass this everyday on my way to work..

Ok, so this is not unique to Naperville but it is fun. The weather was great so I whipped out my
gift card and stopped in for a Treat... Can you guess what I got?
Yup, if you were paying attention earlier you would have guessed a Pumpkin Muffin and Hot Chocolate yum! I sat outside and enjoyed the weather wondering to my self why everyone was staying inside to eat.... oh well their loss.

As we continue our tour, I've headed back towards my home on the Southwest side of the city. This is one of 4 High Schools we have, my son graduated here in 2007 with a class of over 1,000!!
This is one of 3 Libraries we have too! This is the newest one and Naperville has been ranked #1 for a number of years running according to the library index. It is awesome and I spend lots of time putting books on hold and going to pick them up!!
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lorry, that was such a cool thing to do!! I think I might have to do that here shortly while the fall trees are still so pretty. I don't know alot of places here yet, I have only lived here for 2-1/2 years, but I think I can get some good pics. Be watching my blog over the next few weeks!!! And I am planning my annual fall road trip, whether anyone goes with me or I go by myself. I try to drive to different places every year to either hike or just kick around and get good fall pics. Thanks for the great idea!! I've known a few people that have lived in Naperville, and it looks like a nice place to be :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, thanks! I thought it was a fun way for people to see a bit of my "NEW Hometown" lol
    I actually have a bunch of photos I plan on using in mini albums for my family back east who have not come to visit. I love road trips, and discovering new things.. you ever want to take one here let me know! I'll be watching for a Tour of your town/city..
    I do love Naperville, it's a nice place to live :-)
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete