7.28.2010

Chicago bound

Remember my last posting? I got to test out my new camera downtown Chicago and was duly impressed. Kerry and I took our first cruise on the lakefront viewing the Chicago Skyline from Lake Michigan... wow!

This is the lighthouse and breaker wall along the shore line to keep the waves at bay.

Possibly my favorite place is Navy Pier in Chicago, I love it! I guess the sentimental value is when Kerry and I first started our long distance relationship, he invited me to Chicago and that was the first place he took me to. Navy Pier in December!!!!! Brrrrrrrrr but I loved it...

This little seagull was definately not afraid of me and I love how the shot came out. He was on the pier as we were walking around.

Who wouldn't love this carousel?



Or want to take a ride on this 150 ft ferris wheel?

Or lunch here? We acutally ate at another place Riva Cafe on the Dock, outside seating... it was great to watch everyone walk by...

The same day I got to visit the Leaning Tower of Pisa too!!! Well the replica one built in the sister city of Niles, Illinois it was worth the trip.

Pretty amazing If you ask me.
Ok and this little feathered friend (I now believe it is a House Wren) decided it likes the 2nd floor of my purple house! This little one is actually removing a nail from the house. I can just hear mama bird telling him "not in my nest"! lol
So I do have some layouts to complete, having fun this summer relaxing and reading.. Just finished up How to Knit a Love Story by Rachael Herron another new author found. This weekend is a 4 day weekend for me Woot Woot! I am so excited not sure if we will go far, but I am sure we will do something.. looking forward to more photos!
So here is a photo of my Beta, poor little guy never got a name... lol but takes a mean photo! I loved that my camera automatically set itself to the macro setting and then focused it so I could
get this great shot... double image and you can even see the air bubble!
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics with your new camera!!! Looks like you had a ton of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete