5.25.2009

Weekend Progress

Happy Memorial Day, don't forget to thank a VET today for their service to our country!
I spent the weekend in yard, planting and relaxing. I love how it's coming along and the critters are enjoying it too. We put water in the little bird bath at top of pond and this cute critter was enjoying a drink on a hot spring day!


I was able to get Kerry's assistance in laying down some mulch, we just got a little bit this week, and spread about the pond, and fountain areas. Like everyone else we are watching our finances, I just wish we could have done it all, but I'm thrilled we concentrated on these areas first. This makes a huge difference in the ambiance of the yard! I also planted some more petunias in large pots near both doors, and we've since changed out the small critter bird bath for something larger it's an old fountain top from father in law we recycled and filled in with river rock. The birds love it.. I am looking forward to watching many birds enjoy this haven!

This is taken from the inside area, the ducks just love our pond and so do I!!!!! I am blessed that Kerry made this area for us to enjoy, and he decided on the geraniums.. lol for the life of me I can not get excited about geraniums... they represent grave flowers for me.. But we get them because they will bloom all summer and that is the ultimate goal when planting around here!
While enjoying the outdoors, I am able to enjoy my favorite smell of all time. Lilacs, :-) I just love the Lilac bush Kerry got me for Mother's Day 6 years ago, it is from Lombard, IL the Lilac capital of the world (they say! ) lol The scent is heavenly and with the breeze blowing just right I can really enjoy it while relaxing.

We had to work on refinishing this park bench too. Kerry looked for "Orange" stain but was not able to find any, so they custom made one for him! I love this Man!~!!!!! We have it stained and I just need to put the finishing coat of polyurethane on it to seal it. I love how it looks against the green forsythia and the red mulch. You can even see the archway we got out too. The birds love having another area to perch.

In the front portion of this photo my butterfly and humming bird garden is coming along. I look forward to them buzzing around this summer.

I'm sure I have other photos, but don't want to overload everyones senses!!! lol Come on over and relax with me! I have a few hours left to enjoy then off to work tonight. Glad I got everything done this weekend it's supposed to rain for a few days now.. Will be good for the flowers.. Remind me to post the fountain next time..
Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodness Lorry it looks at SPA out there!!! I want to come and visit and relax in that beautiful yard!!! Girlie, you need to get on over here and helppppppppppppp me!!!! My yard is mess. I just adore all the pics and the pond is awesome!!!!! You should be soooo proud!!!! I'm coming over, have the glass of Iced Tea ready!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jocelyn!! I love it and would be happy to fix your yard too... lol Come on over I'll get the ice tea and mint :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where exactly do you live? I'm just like Jocelyn...in need of help! If I posted photos of my yard you would cringe! First of all, I'm the equivalent of a garden's worst nightmare...black thumb(s) and all. Yes, that was plural! I'm hoping to spend some time working on my deck/yard/front porch this weekend. I could sure use your assistance! I pay well! lol! Wish me luck, you Gardening Genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol Lisa, I read alot, too much sometimes, and constantly am on the lookout for items that do well in our area. I really think thats the trick finding what your neighbors plant checking with local garden shops for things that you have seen do well. And then it's all up to sun, rain, and WEEDING!!!! LOL lots and lots of WEEDING.... and then the thumbs will turn Green! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! your gardens are really shaping up Lorry!! What a pretty sitting area that is, I could sit there all. day. long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Carla and that's what I do!! No wonder I'm not getting any scrapping done... oh well I'm living life to the fullest as I want to! Thats what really matters right?

    ReplyDelete