6.13.2009

Life Bird ~

As most who read this blog know I am a nature freak... lol well avid bird watcher. I was thrilled to see a "life bird" today in my own backyard! A "life bird" is one you have never seen before and therefore one you can check off on your "list". Todays bird was a Northern Flicker, it is a member of the woodpecker family, and I was fortunate enough to see it as I went to look out my window, there he was pecking at the ground for ants.. of course I got Kerry to view it too with my trusty binoculors but he flew off before I could grab my own camera!! Ahhhh heres to hoping it comes to visit again, but I scored a photo off the wonderful internet we all have at our disposal. So for your viewing pleasure I present the "Northern Flicker".

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a pretty bird to come and make a visit!!! I hope he comes back too!!! Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave me....hey can you pick me up on the way to the cabin in VT!!!!! Sounds like just where I would want to be!!!!!! Have a Super Duper weekend!!!!! Love ya girlie!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope it visits again too. I still can't believe I saw it right in my own yard. Sure thing an extra person at the cabin would be lots of fun. Especially one I can giggle and laugh with! Hope your weekend is going well and Thanks for always leaving me comments I love them!
    xox

    ReplyDelete