11.01.2009

Octobers gone!

Just one last Halloween photo then on to Summer Vacation.. This has been sitting on my counter all month and lit up every night! I got this bucket from Target in the $dollar spot, and put 2 tealight candles inside and lit them up. Was a cute and inexpensive decoration.

Rutland Vermont `09 Not the most flattering photo of meself....lol but figured it was worth a laugh or two in years to come. Kerry loves this restaurant "Sewards" they grew up going here and we must have eaten here at least 10 times in our 2 week vacation... according to him they make the best Black Raspberry ice cream and know how to make real hot dogs (with the bun grilled) neither of which we can get in Chicago!!

Downtown Rutland~
City is the 2nd largest in Vermont... you would not believe it but there is a Walmart right downtown! Quite a different version of City life than Boston or Chicago for sure. But typical New England city.. the State Fair is held here too, so there are fairgrounds not too far from these photos.

I used up stash from LRS kit Pink Paislee ~ Vintage Moon Collection ~no cricut this time :-( The letter stickers were part of the kit also Pink Paislee. The little pearl stones from Michael's Recollection line ~ Autumn and the Stamped owl is Hero Arts, stamped "You're a Hoot!" is Stampendous. I felt this paper gave an older feel to the city.. and the color matched the bricks.
Todays beautiful outside, need to get leaves raked up but since Kerry is taking a nap, I figured I have time to read and scrap!! Currently reading "Casting Off" by Nicole R. Dickson new author for me and I love her style. Story takes place in Ireland and is about the Fisherman's handmade sweaters telling a story...How each is unique with feelings stiched into rows, memories into patterns. Of course with my lust for Irish tales, and the country itself it's a perfect fit. So if you read What are you reading now?
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lorry...what a cute Halloween Decoration....I got you card....thank you sooooooo much...it is adorable!!!! The Lo's are just perfect and I adore that paper!!!!! I have the same gems from Michaels!!!! Oh that book sounds great.....I am going to have to go in search of it.....So sad to say...I am reading nothing right now...I have quite a few books by the bed stand...but life has been so busy.....I just fall into bed...say my prayers and I am off to sleep!!!! Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the papers you used sounds like you had an awesome vacation!your post made me sooo hungry!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete