9.20.2009

Curb Appeal ~

*Thanks to my sister Carrie, she has sparked my interest in this topic! LOL while I always try and make my yard and home look appealing this can always be improved right? I have to laugh at my sister using this term... you see I teased her about her house being 1/4 mile down a driveway in the woods!!! like who can see your beautiful home from the road???? Sheeeeeesh Sista, and she tells me I CAN!!! lol I gotta tell you that was a great "girls day" I had not had that much fun in ages....
*So on to MY curb appeal.... I purchased a couple mums to brighten up the front yard, hung out my Fall flags, and put away the bright spring/summer ones. I love the fall it is my favorite season. Last year I planted "mums" near my mailbox, and was blessed they reseeded and came back!!! Now thats Free Curb Appeal!!! gotta love it.
*I found this adorable plant hanger on clearance at Hobby Lobby about a month ago and never really got it hung up. Well yesterdays venture to Home Depot scored this wind chime. It sounds so pretty, I have a hearing disability and some sounds I can not hear great. This one has a nice tone that is perfect for my ears!!! I was Smiling like the Cheshire Cat sitting on our patio listening to it.

* And Kerry was working on curb appeal in a big way too! Thursday I went to lunch with my friend Nina and came home to this~ He pruned ok correct term is BUTCHERED my Forsythia bushes, they were a great privacy fence so to speak... lol well Not so much now!!
*In his defense they really needed to have this done, we have been wanting to do it for a number of years and never got to it, it was just the SHOCK of seeing it completed when I came home. I will trust that they will come back in the spring and BLOOM Beautifully.... This is what I came home to, and Yesterday we added the tiki torches and lit them up!! soooo pretty.

This photo is a portion of the branches he cut off those bushes!! We are fortunate to have the city come a couple times a year and collect these as long as they are on the "curb" by a certian date.. well that date is this week... So Kerry really was on top of this one! I love this man, he always makes me smile :-)
Today I hope to get some much needed card making done and hope to get a gift wrapped and ready to mail tomorrow, maybe a layout or two??? Hope so as I want to review my vacation memories again and again and again..
Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Love the curb appeal...for I have none!!!! The yard is still in such a mess and will remain that way until SPRING!!! I have to let the ground settle back down around the pipe!!!! But I can live vicariously through your beauty!!!! Hope you had a great weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn, I just know your yard will BLOOM again in the Spring with oodles of curb appeal!!
    Weekend was great, still enjoying it. Kerry's making brownies, I'm just waiting for the buzzer to go off!! yum
    Hope you had a good weekend also friend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. my yard is a disastor! Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorry, your sister is right! YOU can see it!! I always do my yard work for me, for us, and if others see it and comment it just makes the work all that much more worth it!! All my mums from last year came back too! If you buy them and plant them right away, they will usually come back every year. Great work girl, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carla, I know "SHE" can see it... lol I am of like mind, I create my yard(stress free zone)for me and Kerry and if others enjoy it thats a plus... I got a different color mum and will try planting this one near garage hoping it blooms again in spring/summer...

    ReplyDelete