9.08.2009

Girls day in Maine ~

Vacation day with my daughter Jennifer and youngest sister Carrie was a blast...
They both took the day off from work and we headed up to Maine, one of my favorite places on the East coast.. for years we went to the Maine beaches, and sightseed lol is that a word??
We always take the coastal route and this was definately worth seeing, A line of chairs how fun is that?? I love these chairs and the colors were just beautiful in the sunshine..

Next stop we made was at a fun gift shop lots of poking around there and fun ideas, then further up the road we ventured into another one (not so much fun) lol we were not impressed with the offering However this chair was calling out sit in me and take my photo!~ Thanks sis for being so accomondating love ya!

This lighthouse is actually in Cape Neddick Maine, just past York it is a pretty well known lighthouse and appears on numerous items as Nubble Light. We have come here to watch the gulls, and ocean for years and yup it's just like I remembered it.. there is a little cable car that allows the light keeper to go back and forth operated by a generator could be a fun ride??

Fun story with the binnoculars ~ these are the ones I got for Christmas last year from the inlaws, well most of you readers know I stalk the birds in my yard with these babies.. lol, well my sister and daughter thought I was being a "creepy lady" looking out my window with them.. lol but whos gawking now Jennifer!!!! lol

Some of the amazing things you see on the East coast are Bouys and I always love the look of these places that have them hung up so colorful, so fun...
We had so much fun (well I did and hope they did too! ) It was nice to just spend the day together like old times, now I need for my family to come visit Chicago and do all the fun stuff here..hopefully soon!
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. What Perfect pics....I love all the chairs lined up and the Lighthouse....sigh....beautiful!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the picture of all the different colored chairs...soo relaxing. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete