9.07.2009

Vacation photos

Vacations should be relaxing right?? Well sometimes you just know the first day how things will turn out I mean you just know right? We were driving my inlaws to Vermont, and then going to go down to Massachusettes to visit my family and attend Sarah's party. Drive out of Naperville was going fine, managed to get to Ohio and from then on ei yi yi....
In Ohio at a rest stop, long story short my mil fell flat on her face and ended up in emergency room getting stitches on the bridge of her nose from the sunglasses she was wearing.. She is ok!
After 4 1/2 hour delay we got headed back to the driving adventure and when I went to get gas the drivers side window broke, went down would not come up... UGH. So while I was able to pull it up we had to stop at a toll, hmmmm not thinking I put it down to get ticket and that was all she wrote.. lol Kerry ended up tearing it apart and then he got it wedged up for rest of trip, Oh did I mention we drove for two days in rain?? Guess I forgot that fun part...


But there is always a bright part, during our rain driving we were driving towards this beautiful rainbow for miles and miles, it was the most vivid rainbow I have ever seen and to top it off it was a double one!! This rainbow was coming off Lake Erie.

Cold River with the mist ~ this river is on the way to the camp on the mountain, Kerry grew up fishing in it and was able to fish again this trip :-)

This photo just felt right it was looking down the road from the cabin.. felt peaceful
This is the family cabin we spent time in. It really is very nice was able to catch up on reading lol those that know me well know I am always reading so literally not much catching up to do, but managed to complete 3 books :-)


Did alot of lazing around, some hiking watched Kerry fish, read, took trips downtown for sanity checks and replenishment of ice for coolers etc.. Lots of star gazing They were so beautiful, I miss seeing the sky like that at night, Here in Naperville it is too bright so you squint to see the stars, but up on this mountain in VT you could almost touch them..
Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my Lorry you did have some mishaps!!!! Ao glad that you MIL was alright!!! The photos are just stunning and I so love gazing at the stars!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! Have a great week, sweet friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lorry, sounds like you had an eventful start to your trip!! Glad everyone is okay though, and glad the rest of the trip was so relaxing and fun. What a beautiful place to stay! Glad to have you back safe and sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a start! glad everyone is OK! Looks like a nice restful spot!

    ReplyDelete