9.10.2009

Iowa Road Trip ~

This is an actual working windmill, located in Fulton, IL it is named "De Immigrant" built in the Netherlands and was specifically designed for this location. I was made and then dismantled and transported by ship, rail and truck. Two craftsmen from the Netherlands journeyed here to reassemble the mill, the job took nearly 10 months! It is 90 feet tall and sits on this side of the Mississippi.

This was one of the signs located there explaining quite a bit about Fulton and the "Dutch"

Crossing over the Mississippi River we were greeted with this fun sign. I love signs besides the information, I love the graphics, colors, and creativity wondering how people come up with these ideas... The day was Foggy the whole morning so the photos reflect that, what can I say we can't always have perfect picture taking weather right?

This shot was taken at the Windmill, you can see the fog over the Mississippi.

On the way back we did a few other fun things, more photos later but this one deserves posting tonight.. lol Kerry was telling me that in Moline, IL at the John Deere World Headquarters they have Black Squriells... hmmmmm I found that interesting so we went to check them out, he has seen them there before on business trips.. We walked around and only saw this one little guy, scurrying up and down a huge oak tree for acorns. Good thing I have a zoom on my camera or I would have missed out on him.

I just love road trips, always going someplace new. There are so many places to wander off to that I have not been to that Kerry makes a point to try and take me someplace I've never been. LOL well today I took him to Sonic...... lol someplace he's never been, it's always fun when we both have never been, gives us a "memory"...
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lorry....keep these pics coming.....I just love them!!!! Windmills are awesome and I love them...we get to see a few in PA and no way a Black Squirrel!!!! I would not have believed it had you not posted!!!! How awesome!!!!! Thanks for all your wonderful comments and support!!!! I just adore you girlfriend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Jocelyn, that was Kerry's concern that I would think he was pulling my leg, fortunately we saw this one lonely one... lol I told him the others were in the trees waiting for us to leave.
    muaaaah! Have a great weekend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete