9.13.2009

Why do you scrap?

Hello friends, quick question even though I probably know all your reasons why, it just seemed like an appropriate title for today's blog. Why do you scrap? Well this photo says it all for me, Sarah is reviewing her scrapbook I have been making since she was born, kinda celebrating her birthdays, and some other fun things inbetween.. The look of pure joy on her face and watching her flip those pages multiple times that night and the next day at her party showing it to everyone. This is why I scrap, for my family to remember, enjoy and to SMILE!!! So tell me Why do you Scrap??

On another note, did you realize Halloween is 5 weeks away!?!??!?!?! lol well I was informed by a guest today at work, of this she inquired where the costumes were and I told her they were not set yet, the few that were out were in the seasonal area at the back of the store.. Well, she replied" Halloween is 5 weeks away" Yikes, its not like it's tomorrow and you waited till the last minute to get somethin.. there is still plenty of time left (that was my in the head to my self response)....... my response to her was "i'm sorry" lol even though I really wasnt.. sheeeeeesh.
I have managed to get some vacation photos printed, so I plan on starting some scrapping of them this week, stay tuned for layouts.
Kerry and I had a "date nite" tonite. These always make me Smile. We went to a Japanese restaurant called Bennihanna... great food, chef cooked it right there... Yumm
We found a tv show called "Angel" when on vacation it ran from 1999 - 2005, neither he nor I had ever seen it, so I checked out at work and they had the seasons 1 -2 and 3-4 in double packs for a great price, plus my discount and additional rewards points definately not able to pass up. Star is David Boneaz (sp) from Bones, a vampire who is in LA to rescue people.. So we watched the first one tonite. Will give us something new to watch till the new shows we like start up again.
I really should head to bed, i've got some errands and hopefully some scrapping to do in the am if I get up early enough.
Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pic of Sarah looking at her scrapbook...I have seen such smiles when Evan looks through his!!!! Scrapbooking is my gift to my family and to myself....it makes me realize just how important the little moments in life are as well as the BIG moments!!!! I want to pass down these moments and love to the family!!!! We don't even want to go to Halloween...Each year my house transform into this wonderful Fall Festival...I am not into Demons and Blood, but cute little pumpkins, fall foliage and well needless to say I am so sad...It will not be happening this year....with the yard totally torn up....I can not bring myself to do any decorating and all my beautiful things have been lost in the flood....so I have nothing!!!! There will be no Christmas decorating either....everything gone!!!! So this year...I am a bit sad!!!! I want to bad to run out and buy some pretties...but I need furniture, tv's, office furniture...so I guess they come before cute pumpkins!!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with all your photos!!! I am so excited...Have a great week sweet friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn, I know what you mean... lol I scrap everything I can think of that might be funny later in life. Last night I took a photo of the sign from Bennehanna where we went to eat, and Kerry just laughed, I told him I wanted my famliy to say "what in the world was she thinking"? "Yup, crazy mom again, taking photos of everything in sight"! lol So sorry my friend about your Halloween/Christmas decorations. I am constantly thinking about you and how you have gone thru so much in a short time this year and that you are still SMILING!!!! Just keep moving forward friend :-)
    xoxo Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been to one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to in the world.....kennebunkport.

    Your blog is lovely and I am sure to return to look around just a little bit more.

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee-ann, Welcome glad you stopped by, hope to see more of you.. I love Kennebunkport, I can't get enough of it, for years we lived on the east coast (MA) and we always took day trips or vacations there.
    Looking forward to getting to know you. Stop by anytime.!

    ReplyDelete