11.15.2009

Burst of Color

After years of longing for the Fall Foliage in New England, this year I have my very own Burst of Color!! This tree sits out front of our house on the parkway and since it was planted it stayed green all year. This year was the very first time it changed its colors!! I was so excited to see nature working right in my yard. I took this photo on the 2nd of Nov. and even today it still has most of its beautiful leaves attached.. I will enjoy my "tree" as long as possible this year.

In other news : I scrapped another photo of my niece Sarah. I love this photo it brings out her natural beauty! This again is using up stash ~ I did purchase one of the Martha punch sets this weekend, I wanted the loops but alas nowhere to be found at my local Mikes.. so I settled for the "rings" hope to use it on Christmas cards.
I did get some Thanksgiving cards whipped up this weekend and they are all addressed waiting to mail out on Monday ~ Again using stash :-)
So today I'm working on mini book for mil for Christmas, and couple mini's for daughter and sister. I have sewing to do and finished up "206 Bones" by Kathy Reichs great book. Kerry meanwhile is watching the Vikings on TV he's a "Farve fan" and sorting his toolbox. Don't ask!! lol What are you up to this weekend?
Stash used: DCWV Fall paper stack 2008
American Crafts ribbon
Random buttons
Quickutz Cookie Cutter Heart with Bazzill Bling paper
Clear stamp by Autumn Leaves ~ Romance of Spring collection
Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your color!!!! Love the tree.....our trees have lost most of their leaves and now they are now in the backyard waiting to be cut and mowed!!! YUCK!!! Love your LO and look at you go...I did not get many cards done for Thanksgiving!!! I am slow this year!!! Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete