1.16.2010

a bit of this and a bit of that

Today was a crafty day, Kerry spent the morning sleeping and I was busy creating a few more pages to finish off Carrie's book from our "Girls Day" I think she will enjoy the book and hope she enjoys the last photo. It was taken during the same visit but not when we were together. I figured she wouldn't mind as it was a current photo of me! lol
I do love my birdies and owls... too bad this roadside place was closed when we stopped, I know I would have purchased one of these babies for my yard. they were beautiful and unique.
I just love my HOUSE!! Here it is in all it's winter glory, just sitting there inviting you inside. I never thought a winter photo could look this good. I hope to use this in my Project 12 January session, not quite sure yet though.

I love the look of flags hanging outside homes they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I grew up in the country and was a country themed decorater till moving here. Kerry is Not into country, says it looks "old" lol and he's old enough!
That being said, I do grab bits of country "feel" where I can. Hence this cute snowman with the yes you guessed it "Birdies" lol (note to self - you need a new pole!)

Saw this little Woodpecker in my tree enjoying the bird seed. I wasn't able to get a better photo but I think it was a Red Bellied Woodpecker based on the markings.

In other news Sparkie seems to be "over" her nesting stage for now. Thursday was the true test, I removed the 5 eggs and kept her in the cage downstairs most of the day. Well I think she was just tired of sitting on them all the time, because she is certainly over it! I hope it was just a one time deal!
Kerry has been excited with his new Blu Ray DVD player we got for Christmas. Last night we watched " A Leauge of Extronadinary Gentlemen" with Sean Connery... sighhhhhhhhhhh :-)
Wonder what the next newest and greatest technology will be, but for now we are content with this.
I have been watching some of the CHA reviews and definately am in Like with the Bella Blvd. lines Robot Love and Campout both are great for those boys in your life. Jocelyn I think you should check them out!
Currently reading a Scrapbooking Mystery by Laura Childs called Tragic Magic... good series if you have not read them worth checking out.

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lorry I just adore the LO's.......and yes I will be checking that line out!!!

    What great photos....your house is just beautiful!!!

    I just got done reading The Lovely Bones...I wanted to see the movie...but had to read the book first!!!

    Have a great weekend...sweet friend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the book Lovely Bones too, and now need to see the movie, too bad we can't go together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pages you did and I am lovin your house I see a window I would love to do a stained glass panel for!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete