1.18.2010

to sketch or not to sketch?

Studio Calico has been doing Sunday Sketches for 3 weeks now and these are my takes on last weeks ~ Nubble light

and this weeks ~ Maine take on the sketch Love the "Scenic Route" line will miss it!

Got to use my Cricut ~ George and Basics for the circles, quicktuz for the star and flowers
and the scalloped edge border, ek success notebook punch... and of course stash...
These are for Jennifer's album as I move on in my Maine photo collection.
So in other words to sketch or not to sketch? I loved these layouts once completed, but part of me was too wrapped up into making them look as close as possible to them.. Going forward I know this will be easier and not so time consuming (seems took me forever to duplicate them).
I know they are for the basic idea but my mind is like if you are duplicating it you need to follow it .... lol
Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Oh these are awesome! I've always wanted to go to Maine. Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these and I adore Sketches...but always put my twist on them..I guess I am just a rule breaker~~~~ :-)

    Thank for the kind comments....I just adore you sweet friend~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maggi, I grew up on the East coast in MA and loved Maine, still do.. lol
    Jocelyn, you are welcome friend...
    I guess I could be a rule breaker too kinda, but definately want to give credit where due..kwim?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son used to spend the summers in Maine with his Aunt and Grandmother he loved it I never been that far up.
    I too love doing the sketches makes for a faster layout!
    hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete