1.07.2010

Winter is here to stay

Looks like winter will be hanging around my house for awhile this year. We got probably 9 inches of this fluffy white stuff between last night and today. I love wht effect it is giving our backyard pond. We purchased a heater to try and keep the water from freezing solid for our critters. It works great. Kerry keeps and eye on the temperature and makes sure the waterfall is not freezing too. If you look off to the top right of this photo, there is a bee balm plant leftover from summer glory full of snow!

For those who know me you know I am a nature person. For those who might be visiting my blog for the first time I love photographing the nature and the little critters who visit my backyard stress free zone. This little guy was cute, I purchased a small bag of shelled peanuts and put them by the back sliding door. He spent time burying most of them in the snow and the others like this one sat and nibbled it..

Here are a couple sneak layouts from my gift album to my sister Carrie.. I am doing an 8 x 8 of our girls day in Maine last summer with my daughter Jennifer too (another album forthcoming for her! ) I selected a few favorite photos and the ones with good stories to remember.
Kennebunkport, Maine

Sister Carrie

I'm using mostly the Scenic Route Seasons ~ Summer line some inking and natural color cardstock. Having fun working on this especially on cold winter days!
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh all this snow and cold temps....but there you are taking care of your little friends...love that pic!!!

    Great pages...love the colors!!!!

    Have a great weekend sweet friend and stay WARM!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too Jocelyn... I have to work but will spend rest of it snuggling with a book and watching my little critters!
    Thank you for always visiting my blog and leaving me such great comments!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete