4.03.2010

Easter baskets ~

Happy Easter everyone!! How about a little Springtime fun?
I was trying to figure out something different and creative for MIL and SIL for Easter goodies...
I really didn't want to purchase anymore baskets so searched my room for stash!! LOL ~ by the way I have lots of stash!!!


I found these paint pails remember when they were all the rage???? oh yeah I got tooo many back then and stuck them in a corner. Well pulled them out and pondered.. Not my best work, but quickly and easily completed on a rainy morning..

I found these cute bird stakes at Joann's couple weeks back on sale and purchased them for all of us they came in blue, pink and yellow. There is also a gemed stake in the midst, I got some foam for floral arranging and cut one brick in 1/2 and inserted in the pail to hold sticks up. Some Green tulle for ribbon on handle and I had some leftover crinkle shredding stuffed inside too.




I also made the cute Carrot box I found the link on FB under the Cosmo Cricket blog I don't remember who designed them but she gave a great tutorial on how to make them.


But I tried it out and they were soooo easy and darned cute too!

Painted outside with White acrylic paint
streaked MM green paint and brown paint on bottom
added flowers ~ not sure who provided them but I really have alot still leftover
used some sparkle and pearl beaded gems for centers and used wacky tack to stick on pail.

Working later tonite then off at 10... will need to create one more basket for niece and would like to try something fun for FIL this time too.. who knows.
Nothing on the reading list today, finished up The Geometry of Sisters by Luanne Rice last night and need to check out more at library next week. So for a couple days, I will be reading some of my bird magazines and flower mags to look for new ideas for yard/garden...

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh how cute are these....what a great idea for those paint cans...especially the ones that keep falling on my head every time I open the closet in my craft room!!!

    LOVE!!!!!! Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jocelyn. I solved the problem of the falling on heads by hiding them in a corner behind my reading chair!!!! lol
    Happy Easter to you and your family!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paint pails are adorable Lorry!! I never did get into those but wish I would have. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! The eggs were all ones from MIL and SIL, ours had been put out earlier in the morning before everyone came over for dinner. And since all the boys are really too old for the egg hunts, Claire got them all!

    ReplyDelete