4.15.2010

Wow time has flown~

Who fights crime and talks into a transister wristwatch?
Who wears Yellow and a fedora hat?

Dick Tracy that's who!!
A Naperville resident who helped bring this comic strip to life with drawings and words since 1950 was honored with a 9 foot almost 2,000 pound statue that was placed on the Riverwalk where I live!! Today I took a trip downtown to see this for myself, WOW quite impressive I can't wait to develop this set of photos and scrap them! But also to give you some background information, I photographed the plaque with the info!
See I can be a good blogger when I blog... lol

Informational plaque

Dick Tracy

View from across the Riverwalk area, It really is a beautiful setting, and I noticed a lightpost right behind him that I am sure will be lit up at night. I will be heading back there to check that out and get a photo or two!

This is another section of our famous Riverwalk. It just is so peaceful looking and this area was completely empty at 3:00 in the afternoon. I shot this from my car at a stop light..


I have done a few pages but have not posted yet, will try and complete the above set with the latest SC Sunday Sketch from this past weekend that I have not done yet.
I have been busy in the yard getting some weeding done and planning out what I want to do for container plants this year. Kerry is very flexible as long as we can come up with something that flowers most of the season.. so much like me in that aspect.
I read a great book by Beverly Jenkins called Second Helpings... I should have read the first one
Bring on the Blessings beforehand, but none the less I found it at the library today, so I am kinda reading the backstory... lol since I already read the sequel. I so love our Library system over the 8 years I have been here it has saved me lots of $$$. :-)
Off to watch Bones.... love this show!
Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. Oh what great pics....that is an awesome statue...I love Dick Tracy!!!!

    I would love to take a stroll down that path!!! How awesome!!!

    I love planning out the flowers....we are in the midst of working with the landscaper to try to get the yard back together...we need to get the dirt in and the seed planted before it gets toooooo hot!!! I have decided to put a another flower bed at the end of the yard...so I just wish he would hurry up and get here...I love gardening!!!

    Wishing you a great day sweet friend...thanks for all the wonderful comments that you leave for me...I just adore you....and YOU KNOW we are going to have to plan a visit...truly...!!! They guys would have a fine time...and you could come and visit us in Maryland!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jocelyn! I know a road trip would be awesome!! Hope your landscaping gets completed soon, so onward with your planting and ENJOYING the garden... I have been smelling my Hyacinth's all day and just love them. I found a couple metal yard stakes today at Pier One, and grabbed one for MIL and SIL for Mother's day too! they were 75% off hard to pass up..
    Hope you have a great weekend!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are fantastic!!! I love this time a year when weekend trips are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete