10.23.2010

Birdwatching

I love watching the birds through my window! I am blessed to have such a great view and work hard at getting different birds to visit. Yesterday I had my cute little "Red Breasted Nuthatch" visit the feeder again, these are common in IL, and I used to have plenty back in MA but this little one appeared about a week ago and has been coming by daily. As you can also see I do have a frequent visitor "Mr. Squrriel" I really don't mind them visiting for a bit (I mean they need to eat too right?) but when they park at the feeders and gobble all the Special Attraction seed, I say enough is enough and shoo them away!!! lol
I also have a solitary BlueJay who visits. I have been trying to catch him on photo for a bit and finally was able to, not the best photo but I'ts proof!!! lol

And this beauty came to visit today, stopped twice on my bird baths, (GREAT photo OPP MISSED) ugh... but he did come back and I caught this one. I know all Gods creatures need to eat and I am ok with the cycle... but it has to be "to go"~ no dining in!~

Reading "Eight Days to Live" by Iris Johansen, really enjoy her work. Summerland went home today, was fun to have a puppy around for a bit.. I have another layout of my niece Sarah almost complete should get it finished up and posted today/tomorrow. Some rain this morning made it easy to stay inside and read. Sounds like rain in forcast for tomorrow too.. we shall see, as my vacation comes to a close this week I have to say it was very Crafty... but still no Halloween cards made... lol
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh the bird pics are awesome!!! Wow that last visitor is scary!!!

    I love my bird feeders...and yes Mr. Squirrel can be a pest!!!

    Have a great one sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fabulous view...have a fantastic week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete