12.25.2010

Life goes back to NORMAL~

Christmas has come once again~ I hope all my family and friends had a wonderful time. Kerry and I went to inlaws Christmas Eve and spent our Christmas day relaxing.
I got this wonderful metal trash can all decorated/painted up by my sister in law! I love it, it is to hold some of my bird seed. I can't wait to use it, but wanted to photograph for friends to see.

rotating around the can

another rotation

one last rotation

The top cover.

I also found my envelope templates at the last minute and made a couple "pillow boxes" for treats, will have to remember these for Valentines day and Next Christmas, so easy, so fun, sooooo many compliments! lol
Papers are LYB Christmas Delight! Free hand bird, MM ribbons, random brown twine
stamp = not sure who to credit, have had it for a few years now and label is worn off.

Same papers, stamp, ribbons totally different look! I see so much versatility with Valentines Halloween, Next Christmas!!! etc.. I used a smaller template and made a tiny note card to insert inside for a coworker (no photo) and used the box as the envelope She LOVED it.
Possibly the whole worlds favorite Christmas/Winter paper line. Snow Day by Crate paper, I'm in love with it. I made a ton of cards using it, for thank yous and various occasions - maybe photograph some later.. But this little box was picked up at Walmart, painted and decorated the top. I spy something cute and little going inside? Or just looks cute sitting on my shelf. :-)
We had snow for Christmas Eve.. it was so pretty this morning too. I have been watching the birds at the feeders all day, BlueJays, Cardinals, Downey Woodpeckers, Juncos, Mourning Doves, Ginches, Sparrows, and I now Have White Breasted Nuthatches (a couple weeks back I had spotted Red Breasted ones too) I'm trying to attract some Tufted Titmouses.. we shall see....

Aglimpse of my tree this morning.. Kerry and I really didn't get much for each other, we both tend to get stuff all year, but since I LOVE Christmas so much (kerry not so much!) lol we do a few trinket things..

Prime rib has been cooking allllllll day, smells so yummie I think its about time for dinner. Looking forward to blog hopping this week to see photos from my friends and there festivities. I am anxiously awaiting some photos from my sister Cindy of Christmas Eve with family at my Dad's last nite. So sad that I work retail and have not spent a Holiday with my family in 8 years... breaks my heart, but I will go on. Hoping 2011 allows me to go home for the Holidays. I really miss it. Love and Peace to all!
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lorry...I just adore the can!!!! It turned out so pretty!!! Love the pics of the tree and the birdfeeder!!!

    Well sweet friend.... I received my gift yesterday in the mail and it made me smile!!!! Thank you ever so much!!!

    Yes Mr. Rooster is still here...waking me up every morning at 4:00 AM!!! He is beginning to be a pest!!!! :-)

    Love ya girlie...and the card is super that you sent me...is that a stamp set and who makes it?

    Have a great one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn! so happy Mr. Rooster arrived.. hehehe made me chuckle in the store. Remind me again of the stamp set? If it was the snowman with wonderful you... (i think thats the one) it is by Unity... They are me new love of stamping.

    ReplyDelete