4.27.2009

Careful what you wish for!

Have you ever had one of those days when you asked for help with something and then wished you had just done it yourself??? LOL
Enter my Sunday, I was working in one of my garden spots and asked Kerry to help me dig a trench around the outside, to keep the "creepin Charlie weed" out. Like the awesome husband he is he went to find the shovel and proceed to dig, so while I am there shaking out the worms (for my birdy friends) he is going to town. I love this man!!! Well before I know it he has widened the garden area and then proceeds to make this like 1/2 circle thingy at one end. lol Mind you I just wanted a simple trench to keep the weeds out, now I have about a foot more in width the entire lenght of our shed, and this 1/2 circle to come up with a plan to plant!!!!!

Looking into my plant books, going to find some type of perreinal so I don't have to plant this 1/2 circle thingy every year!!! lol I love him to pieces, but I should have just dug the trench myself.
Thinking of phlox, its a good ground cover and will last all season.

In other areas in yard, I got some Petunias planted in a window box on my bulkhead, and this cute little area on side near pond window well. We put Petunias there last summer and they grew like crazy.

So far day two of training was great, I've learned alot and can't wait to apply it with my new team and get them motivated to succeed... lol Yeah the optimist in me.... ;-)
On my way home this was really a crazy sight. I came across a sign that read" Drug checkpoint ahead" and then "drug dogs in use" and two cruisers with flashing lights on side of road HUH???? what the heck is that, are they after my ibuprofen???? I started my "feminine time" and I'm not giving up my ibuprofen~!!!!! lol I chuckled and kept driving..
Oh the things you see... I did have my camera, but thought if I pulled over to take a photo, they difinately would confiscate something.. so just use your own visual imagination to set the scene.

Since I am training, I never have Monday evenings off, it's weird I'm thinking its Tuesday cuz I worked yesterday and tomorrow is Wed... ??? UGH. Kerry had pot roast in crockpot ready, so I ate and will get to watch evening shows live instead of Tivoed, lol however I prefer not to watch commercials.. so tivo is better in the long run.
Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Don't ya just love men?!? BTW, I LOVE phlox! I'm sure it will be beautiful! Be sure to post pics of your new garden spot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Lisa, I'll have to take the before/after shots. It's always better with a "visual"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree with you....I am not handing over the Ibuprofen!!!!!! I can't wait to see your garden!!! I love phlox toooo!!!! Last year I kept eveything green except potted plants on the porch and deck!!! It was so easy to take care of but I missed the color in my beds..this year with all that has been going on with this family....maybe a wee bit of color and then hanging baskets and pots all over!!! What do you think? I want to thank you for the wonderful comments that you leave!!! I am so glad that we have found one another!!! Have a Happy weekend!!!! Hey I better be careful with the word "pot", since you just went through what you did. I know I'm goofy :)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love container gardens.. I have multiple all over the yard and patio! All except one are annuals and it works for me. I did get a couple hanging ones for front yard I try hard to choose something that will bloom all season so I don't have to change them out. LOL the "pot" hopefully will amuse me. At one point in our lives my son was messing with it and it does hit close to home, but hopefully he is learning some Life lessons and will stay away... so even though the reality and of course HUMOR is there, I will still fill my "pots/containers" lol I am also glad you stopped and visited that day and still come. I have enjoyed getting to know you too!

    ReplyDelete