4.03.2009

RIP Duchess 9-13-96 -- 4/2/09

Yesterday Kerry and I said our final goodbyes to Duchess, she was the best dog ever! Duchess is now finally at rest no longer struggling for every breath she takes. This last photo was taken yesterday morning. I took her out to do her business and after she was through she walked and sniffed her way around the backyard headed right to the end of the property and sat or should I say laid down here. From this point in the yard Duchess could see everything. I truly believe she was enjoying it. Pets can just be pets or they can become family members. Duchess was a family member in every way. She thought she was a people.. lol didn't help that I treated her like a kid either. When we went for rides she would be just like any dog hanging her head out the window and SMILING.... if we stopped for something and I had to go in a store, I would come out and find her sitting in the drivers seat just looking and waiting.
Kerry remembered the first time he came to pick me up I was not completely ready and I asked him to walk my dog!!! LOL poor guy should have known it was a set up- from that moment on Duchess belonged to him too!
My heart is broken, but full of so many memories and love of her- May you rest in peace puppy!
I love you so much..... mom

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for the loss of your beloved Duchess!!! I have tears in eyes as I am reading this!!!! Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers in this most difficult time!!!! So sad....I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jocelyn, thank you I appreciate the thoughts, she will be dearly missed but I have so many great memories of our time together it will help ease our heart.

    ReplyDelete