5.12.2009

Tagged again!

Thanks to my friend Kristii I've been tagged again. I am inspired by her Faith, her Love of Family and her Awesome Scrapping abilities. She is an amazing woman, who I am glad to get to know through this craft. Thanks for the Tag Kristii!


I am supposed to post the first layout I ever created.. OH MAN this is gonna be painful... I am game but oh boy I am so glad (after looking at this layout!) that my creativity evolved to my own style and in my opinon much better.


I started scrapbooking like many - through that home party system CM. While working on this book with my first layout I discovered this style was keeping my creativity penned up. I agree this CM style works for some, but in truth it is not mine. Here is my first layout, and my thoughts on it now.
Notice the handwritten journaling ~ with matching calligraphy pen to match the triangular frame shape thingy??? (now I do still hand write some journaling but - the calligraphy)
Next up lets explore those shape cutters, cutting your photographs into ovals, rectangles with rounded corners are a way to cut out the distracting other stuff ~ note to self - glad I learned better photo taking skills so not having to crop the "said stuff" out!
And lastly let us review the Paper Pizzaz pre cut die cuts on the flimsy paper that ripped apart way to easy when trying to punch out of the books ~ I invested in Quickutz die cutting machine and the quality of brand name die cuts have grown with our craft!

So there you have it my very first ever layout and 12 x 12 to boot. Lets not forget the CM album, while I like the quality of the cover, I no longer like the having to glue to the insert pages and moved on to top loading albums ~ more "My Style".
Let me tag these 4 ladies since I can't seem to do these things right!
Lisa T.
Natty
Jeanne
Jennifer S.
Until next time!

7 comments:

  1. OK! So my early pages look just like your!!! Must be those CM parties, huh? Thanks for the tag. I was actually tagged by Jill also, but I've not come through just yet. But I promise you I will! Thanks for thinking of me!

    P.S. I had to laugh. I was commenting on this tag on your previous post right about the time you posted this one. I guess we passed in cyber space! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that is going to be a painful tag to come through on - will have to trawl back into the abyss and see what was if not my first layout then one of the v. early ones! :oO hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Hey it can't be any worse than mine Natty.. Just remember how far we have scrapped.

    Oh Lisa>>>> that must've been you I saw wizzing by.. lol you only have to post once dear don't want too many CM memories tramatizing us now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love seeing all these older layouts!!! It is so much fun to see far we have come!!!
    Thank you for your kind words my friend!!! You have blessed my heart beyond measure!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful FRiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorry that is just too sweet!! I love that first layout! I need to get mine up soon, but I have to dig through ALOT of boxes in the basement to find it!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorry, you are too funny!! Sticker sneeze!! Actually when I first started out I did use alot of stickers cause I didn't know any different!! Now well, I don't use them hardly at all, unless its a 3D embellishment that has adhesive on it. I guess that could be categorized as stickers, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I giggle when I look back at the first pages...but then they are wonderful memories!!! I thought I did such a good job on my first LO!!!!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend sweet friend and thank you for all your comments that you leave me!!! I so look forward to hearing from you!!!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete