5.04.2009

Yesterdays sightings

Yesterday was another bird/duck watching day for me. LOL I bet anyone who reads this thinks I have nothing better to do with my time. Well hmmmm ahhhh NO!! lol I tend to get up early wether I have to work or not, and with Miss Tia meowing right in your face at 5:00am its pretty hard not to move just to get her to stop!
So needless to say, I get up early do my chores and then have the day to relax and read / bird watch. I was able to enjoy the ducks they flew right into the pond in the yard and then hung around for quite awhile while I was outside. They hung around for a couple hours just eating and even napping.. I love the exploring they were doing checking out the water in the bird bath at end of the waterfall area, and then trudging through the muddy grass>
Checking out the bird bath
Trudging through the mud
I also love the House Finches, they are a pretty purple color and are a nice contrast to all the black and brown birds that visit.
Last up is a cute Robin taking a bath in the little man made pool. Kerry set this area up along side of our pond as the drainage for the sump pump it flows down a bed of river rock, at the end there is this small area for water to sit for abit before it seeps into the ground, or continues on its journey through the cat o nine tail rushes.. ahhh the sound of a babbling brook right in my own yard. Love it! Love the man who created the peaceful setting for me to enjoy!! Thanks Kerry.
Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. I too rise early and I love it!!! You get to see the best things!!!! Love the pics!!!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!! Your yard is gorgeous!!! I could sit and enjoy the peacefulness all day long!!! Hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh that bubbling brook sound! I'm with you...pure bliss! Again, love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun pictures!! Never get tired of seeing ducks on a pond! Although ours have been AWOL for a few weeks now :(.
    Love the pics of your yard and pond and the tulips. What a nice place to hang out!
    The little yellow finches are adorable!! I used to get alot of those in a tree outside my old apartment, and now I occasionally see a little bluebird flitting around the yard, but they move so fast you can't get a pic of them! Thanks for the beautiful photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your bird watching photos!!!! Your yard is beautiful!!! Such a wonderful place to relax!!! I'm comin over!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey all, thanks for the comments. Glad you like seeing my nature shots, and you all are welcome to come visit anytime!! lol
    I am blessed to have a fun yard, and Look forward to more sunny days.

    ReplyDelete