6.27.2009

Buzzing around

Plant it and they will come. True statement I was blessed with my first Hummingbird of the season yesterday, of course I did not have my camera with me outside as I was just reading and actually didn't think about it at the time. It was about 6:50pm and I was just relaxing and finishing up my book "Scarpetta" and happened to look up at this Bee Balm plant at the right time and see the little hummer buzzing around!!!! OH yes this made me happy! I specifically planted this plant for them and was blessed last year with having them stop in for a spell. I will be watching again for the little burst of joy and hope to gather a photo to add to my collection.
Bee Balm

My Lillies in side garden.

My current reading List:

I just love our library it is the best ever!! I can put books on hold and just wait for the phone call (well recording) stating your books you requested are on hold!!! Music to a bibliophile"s ears!!!!
I do have to say James Patterson is a favorite author and I actually have an autographed book by him. When I worked on the east coast I was working with his sister and she got him to autograph it for me.. A collectors item for my "home" library!!
Ok so the Saturday weather was still hot, humid and sunny... glad I was off to enjoy some of it. Kerry and I did get out on our movie date to see The Proposal.. good movie. Next on my movie wish list is to see Public Enemies with Johnny Depp (insert swoon here!) lol I read he will be playing the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton next year... another look forward to movie. I just love that he never stereotyped himself as an actor and plays many roles.
Ok enough ramblin.. off to finish my layout to post..
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your flowers are soooo pretty!! My lillies are about done blooming and the bee balm is also about done. But there is more to bloom the rest of the summer. Cute layout!! I used to love the skating rink as a kid, but have not gone skating in eons!! Stay cool girl, I think its supposed to be alot cooler everywhere this week!! (at least here in the midwest)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to take an updated photo and post, the other bee balms are bloomn now it it looks pretty with the contrasting colors. Glad for a bit of cooler air.. Hope your job interview went well/

    ReplyDelete